What Are Your Water Resolutions? The new year is a great opportunity to improve your home. And setting water resolutions...
Answers to Common Water Questions
Culligan has the solutions to your water concerns. Have questions about your water?
Find answers here.
1What is Culligan's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee?
When you purchase a Culligan product, you are purchasing the finest water treatment product available in the world today. We are so certain of this fact that if you are dissatisfied with your Culligan product for any reason within 30 days of your purchase, Culligan will refund the purchase price.
1What questions should I ask when I have decided on a solution?
Choosing the water quality improvement system that's right for you and your family does not have to be a chore. Here are some things to take into consideration before purchasing a water treatment system.
- Is installation included in the price?
- Does installation include such things as a bypass for lawn and garden faucets, a faucet for unsoftened water and any other features you may want?
- Does the unit have enough capacity to meet present and future needs?
- If you lease do you want your agreement to include an option-to-buy provision?
- Does the dealer you've selected have an established business in the area?
- Will a representative call at your home to determine the right kind of equipment for you?
- For health-related problems, have you had your water analyzed by a reputable laboratory and/or your local health department?
- Did the salesperson answer all questions regarding design, function and cost of the equipment?
- Did the salesperson explain the method and cost of regenerating the system?
- Does the dealer offer a maintenance contract or other after-sales services?
- Does the equipment carry a specific written warranty?
- Have you read and understood the warranty?
1What are the differences between various kinds of bottled waters?
Water that is classified as "bottled water" or "drinking water" is regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to maintain certain standards.
According to the FDA, for a product to be considered "bottled water," it cannot contain sweeteners or chemical additives, and must be calorie-free and sugar-free. Flavors, extracts and essences - derived from spice or fruit - can be added to bottled water, but these additions must comprise less than one percent of the final product. Beverages containing more than the one percent of added flavor are classified as soft drinks, not bottled water.
The FDA defines the various water types as follows:
- Artesian Water: Bottled water from a well that taps a confined aquifer (a water-bearing underground layer of rock or sand).
- Mineral Water: Contains no less than 250 parts per million of total dissolved solids (minerals). No minerals can be added to this product.
- Purified Water: Water labeled as "purified" can be derived from distillation, deionization or reverse osmosis.
- Sparkling Water: Water that after treatment and possible replacement with carbon dioxide contains the same amount of carbon dioxide that it had at emergence from the source. (An important note: soda water, seltzer water and tonic water are not considered bottled waters. They are regulated separately and may contain sugar and calories. These types of waters are considered soft drinks.)
- Spring Water: Bottled water derived from an underground formation from which water flows naturally to the surface of the earth.
- Distilled Water: Water derived from an approved source and heated to produce steam. The dissolved solids are left behind and the steam is condensed for a pure, mineral free, distilled product.
Your local Culligan Man can deliver spring water, distilled water and pure Culligan drinking water in a variety of sizes. Contact your local Culligan Man to find out what products he carries, and to discuss your water needs.
1How much water should I drink each day?
Water is essential to regulating body organs and temperature, dissolving solids and moving nutrients throughout the body. Because water is naturally low in sodium, has no fat, cholesterol or caffeine and isn't flushed straight through the body like many other beverages, it's the natural solution to help reach your body's daily fluid quota.
How much water should you consume?
Most adults need eight to twelve 8-ounce glasses of water or fluids daily, but needs vary by activity level, health circumstances (including pregnancy) and even by age. For example, a 60-pound child would need a minimum of at least 30 ounces of water a day, or about three to four glasses. But a 180-pound man would need about 90 ounces of water a day or about 11-12 glasses. And people may need more water as they age, since thirst signals may become dull, activity levels decline and prescription drugs may dehydrate their bodies further.
1What happens if I move?
Moving can be stressful in and of itself, but aside from packing and unpacking, setting up the electric, and changing your address for newspaper delivery, it's important to think about your water. If you're moving close by, we can move your Culligan equipment to your new home.
Of course, as always, Culligan can perform a free water test at your new residence and install third party validated equipment to provide whatever water treatment might be required. Your Culligan Man can test for a variety of contaminants*, including iron, rust, acid, chlorine, and more. The water in your home can be different from the house just down the road, so you should be aware of your unique water situation. Use the dealer locator at the top of this page to find your local Culligan Man, and contact him today.
*Contaminants may not be in your water.
What Clients Say
I moved in to a new apartment community in August of 2019. I could immediately tell the water in Maple Grove was very hard and contained a lot of deposits. Tap water tasted "off", dishes were chalky and had residue and detergents and soaps did not foam at all! Yikes!!I called for a consult and Scott Smith came out promptly and tested/evaluated the water quality. Unfortunately, being in an apartment without my own water hook up/access, there was nothing that could be done to treat the water. I did immediately sign up for drinking water to be delivered! The water cooler and bottles were delivered promptly the next day! I was extremely pleased and have had prompt and courteous monthly deliveries for over a year now. I just met my route driver today for the first time ~ Mike Gab ~ due to Covid restrictions and busy schedules. He has consistently corresponded with me via text to verify the amount of water I needed and to be sure my service is up to my expectations. I did meet Mike's substitute driver in December - Jordan - when he brought my water and the new cooler the company OFFERED to swap out at the one year mark for a new one. Good preventative maintenance idea! Jordan was very friendly and informative despite having the additional coverage for a vacationing co-worker. Thank you! And last, BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST, the office staff in Brooklyn Park answering the phone inquiries are awesome! Always friendly and knowledgeable, they can, and do, answer all service related questions. I want to especially recognize Andrea for helping with several specific service questions I had last month. She answered everything quickly and accurately while offering to obtain additional information when needed. Exceptional customer service should always be recognized since it is not something experienced every day. Thank you everyone at Culligan Water for making my overall experience very positive! Have a great 2021!
- Culligan Customer